Monday, May 23, 2016

Wk #34: GOOD MORNING!

Buen día mis amigos! Espero que todo esté bien y que todos están disfrutando verano! Porque esta muy frío aquí. Y no me gusta el frío para nada. 

        It has been a LONG week. And I have some news... I will be on an airplane on Wednesday night... But I'm NOT coming home!! I have to travel to Buenos Aires this week to do some fingerprints. There were problems with my Visa paperwork.. Again. I'll be in Buenos Aires for 2 days and then back here in Tandil hopefully on Friday! It's going to be a LONG week.. Again. But I'm very excited to see Buenos Aires! I'll be traveling with Hermana Cifuentes (My mission President's wife) So that will be fun (: (Sorry if I scared you mom and dad haha) 

        Well, I have to be honest. My heart has definitely felt the absence of my sister Alexa in the mission field. Wednesday night I was laying in bed and all of the sudden I had a very strong impression that she had officially finished her mission. A few tears were shed and since that night I have felt the difference. I'm so proud of my sister and I'm amazed at the change I've felt in her. It's been hard without here here in the Work of the Lord, but I know she's where the Lord wants her right now. Well done and welcome home, Lex. I love you!

        We have been teaching a lot this week! It's been really awesome! Teaching makes the work funner. That's for sure! We're teaching about 6 people now. Our goal is 10, so we're working hard for that! We've been working really hard and it's been really satisfying, honestly. 

       We had a run-in with a VERY atheist man the other day. He asked us, "How can you possibly believe in a God? What evidence do you have?" And I wanted to ask him, "How don't you believe in a God? Look at the evidence all around you!" I've been thinking about that recently. Especially because in these past few weeks, the opposition in my life has increased dramatically. It's been interesting to see that when I act on my faith and show My Father in Heaven that I'm willing to be brave and take the steps He needs me to take, the opposition lessens and I find more peace. Practice your faith and show Him you're willing to serve. Blessing will pour out upon you, I promise. 

 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
 29 For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29
I LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Holmes