Monday, May 9, 2016

Wk #32: HELLO FROM TANDIL!



Goooooood Monday everybody. I have exciting news. On Saturday morning I got a phone call from Presidente Cifuentes saying, "Elder Holmes I have a new assignment for you in the mission. I need you as a Zone Leader. You'll be a Zone Leader in Tandil with Elder Swanson." Talk about an exciting moment! I thanked him for his trust in me and he said, "The Lord trusts you, Elder." I just barely got here to Tandil about 30 minutes ago after traveling in a bus for 14 hours... FUN!! haha it wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed seeing the countryside here in Argentina. More good news... MY AREA HAS MOUNTAINS ALL AROUND US! What a feeling of peace it was to see those mountains on the horizon line again. This area is BEAUTIFUL! It's a city hidden in the mountains. All paved road, no dogs in the streets, and it's SUPER safe. It's not hard to tell that I'm very excited for this transfer! Elder Swanson is from Farmington, Utah and this is his last transfer! He looks like James Franco too.
          I dont have a ton of time today just because of how late it was getting here, so what I have to say is short and sweet. I love the Lord, I love the mission, and I love Argentina. A mission has been the best decision I have ever made. Yes, it has been the hardest 7 months of my life, but in with the lessons I've learned , it's been worth the pain. I'm so excited to serve as a zone leader. I feel a new sense of motivation and responsibility that will surely help me out a ton. Please, please, please never forget that its after the trial of our faith that we see miracles, receive blessings, and change for the better. I've seen that BIG TIME in this last month. (Ether 12:6)  
      Thank you for your love and support. Your prayers have lifted me to new heights. 

¡¡VIVA MISIÓN BAHÍA BLANCA!!

-Elder Holmes

Tandil