Monday, December 7, 2015

Wk #10: Hello from ARG.

Hey everyone! So I don't really have a lot to report on this week because, well, nothing is happening. It's honestly getting hard not having anyone pay any mind to us. I'm thinking that this is one of those areas that needs some seeds planted instead of an area ready for the harvest. It's definitely frustrating, but I keep on going! I'm constantly re-energized by the Spirit and I never regret waking up in the morning.

Some interesting things that happened this week: I got bit by a dog pretty bad. And normally that doesn't matter, but that's because the missionaries who get bit are usually bit by dogs in houses. But mine was different because I got bit by a nasty street dog. It looks pretty bad and they're watching it to see if I need to have anything done with it. I would send a pic but its all wrapped up! They told me to be sure to chain myself up during the full moon too. I'm not sure why (; And this week while talking with the branch president, he said, "Usted tiene el don de lenguas, enserio." Which means, "You have the gift of language and tongues, I'm serious." So that was very comforting to hear. The language is tough, but with a lot of work and the courage to just open my mouth, I improve every day.

I FOUND A GUITAR. After 2 months of not playing, let me tell you, it was SO good to play. I heard it in the distance and grabbed my comp by the arm and said, "Elder, We're following the sound of that guitar. And I'm gonna play it." haha. So anyways, I put on a mini concert in the street of Argentina complete with John Mayer songs and some good old Kodaline. And now the two guys are potential investigators. It was so nice.

In 3 Nephi 11:14 I found a simple and beautiful truth. In the first line of this beautiful scripture Christ says this: "Arise, and come forth unto me." This stuck with me. May we arise from our trials, our sadness, self-doubt, insecurities, and our sins and go forth unto Him. In and through Christ, we are made whole. Through Christ, we find eternal and celestial happiness.

I love you all and pray for you always. Have a great week and I'll talk to you on monday (:

May we be blessed with the wind at our backs and the strength to press on so that we may further build His kingdom upon this earth.

Elder Holmes.
Pure joy!