Monday, December 21, 2015

Wk #12: ¡Feliz Navidad!"

"..A prophet would the Lord God raise up among the Jews- even a Messiah, or, in other words, a Savior of the world... Wherefore all mankind were in a lost and fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer."  (1 Nephi 10:4 and 6) 

"And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.. And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father." (1 Nephi 11: 20-21)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." (2 Nephi 19:6)

"...I Beheld the Son of God going forth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at his feet and worship him... He went forth ministering unto the people, in power and great glory; and the multitudes were gathered together to hear him; and I beheld that they cast him out from among them." (1 Nephi 11:24 and 28)

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind... He will take upon him the pains and sicknesses of His people." (Alma 7:11)

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief... Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows... and with his stripes we are healed." (Mosiah 14:3-5)

"And behold, I am the Light and the Life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning... Arise forth, and come unto me... That ye may know I am the God of Israel." (3 Nephi:11 and 14)

"And I will be your Light in the wilderness and I will prepare the way before you... And ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." (1 Nephi 17:13)

     In the spirit of Christmas, it is my hope and constant prayer that we can remember now, and forever, not only the birth of our Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ, but all that He is. Our Counselor, our Teacher, our Light, and our Savior. May we be found in constant service to Him. May we always show our love for Him.  May we forever strive to live as He did. May we desire to return to his side, under His arm, and in His loving embrace. It is my solemn and sure testimony that He is the Light of the World, and He will forever guide us to eternal happiness. We need only to walk as he walked and follow Him.

     I hope that your Christmas is full of love and joy! I pray for your health, happiness, and safety in my every prayer. And I have no doubt that He has heard me. I send my love and prayers always. 

     May we be blessed with the wind at our backs and the strength to press on so that we may further build His kingdom on this earth.

With love,
Elder Holmes
"I wasn't aware that a picture was being taken..."