Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Wk # 52: HELLO WORLD!



HELLO FROM ARGENTINA! 

I hope all is well where you are! I'm doing great out here in la gran misión Bahía Blanca! (: It has slowly turned into summer out here in the beautiful city of Tandil! It has felt so nice. We're just waiting on the OK from Presidente Cifuentes to take off the suit coats. (; 

I want to share a scripture from Proverbs. It's found in chapter 16:9.

 "A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."

Basically it's saying that we have to make our own decisions and after that, the Lord will guide our steps. This is something that I didn’t fully understand before. So many times I had asked for answers and waited for the Lord to show me my way! I didn’t understand that if the Lord showed me every step to take, my God given agency would be taken away. We are here on this earth to learn and progress. How can we possibly do that if we can’t act as our "Own Agents"? Sometimes we become frustrated and think that the Lord isn’t answering our prayers when in reality, His answer is, "You need to choose and only then will I guide you." When we act as our Own Agents, we seek progress. We evaluate, make goals, create a plan of action, execute the plan, and then evaluate again and begin the process again. Sometimes in this process, we are required to make tough decisions, but it is all for our good. Pray, plan, act. "Pray like it all depends on God and then work like it all depends on you."

I am so grateful for all of you and for the support I have felt. Thank you so much!! 

Elder Holmes