Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wk #6: We are NEVER alone.

The Lord so loved the city of Enoch that he lifted them up to live him him because of their righteousness. Well the Lord so loved the MTC that he blessed us with Chic-fil-a sandwiches for dinner the other night. Trust me.. After you've eaten 6 weeks worth of MTC cafeteria food, Chic-fil-a becomes the best 5 star food you've ever had.

Hello Everybody! Today is my last P-day in the MTC and let me tell you, I CAN'T WAIT. Argentina is calling my name. I'm definitely scared, but I'm ready to take on the real world. Plus, why should any of us be afraid of something in the world when the Creator of the world is on our side? A comforting thought. Some of you might have heard that they are having some trouble with my VISA already. But if you haven't, let me fill you in really quick. They basically had to resubmit my application due to a ridiculously poorly handled error (on the FBI's part). And now I have to wait until tomorrow night to find out if I'm getting reassigned or actually going to Argentina. So please pray that the Lord will put me where he needs me. Whether it's Argentina or Denver, Colorado I just want to be where the Lord needs me right now.

This week I was having a conversation with some other Elders going to South America and they were talking about their missions and how excited they were for them. Somewhere in the conversation, one of them said, "I'm terrified." and the others agreed and started to explain why they were so scared. I kind of just sat back and listened to what they had to say without adding my input. They said things such as, "We're going somewhere where we are absolutely not known." or "Our only family is 4,000 miles away." Among other things, basically what they were saying was, "We're going to be alone.". This bothered me. I wasn't sure why until later when I was thinking about it. I understood the fear and I could relate to it, but at the same time I thought, "I'm not scared like they are." My fear was different from theirs for some reason. And I know exactly what that reason was. I know that I won't be alone. I know that they won't be alone either. Sure, I'm headed to a country where nobody knows my name. Sure, I'm going to a place where I have no family. But I will not be alone. The fact is that none of us are ever alone. I know that the Savior will be right beside me when I can walk, guiding me when I'm lost, and carrying me when I can walk no more. Would an all loving Father really abandon us? We are his literal Spirit children. He wants to be with us. We just have to allow him to be with us. Be worthy to have the Savior walk with you in all the things that you do. Be humble enough to allow him to help you. Be Christlike enough to reach out to those around you and help them. Doctrine and Covenants 100:12 has become my favorite scripture. Not only was it an answer to a prayer, but it has become a constant comfort. It says, "Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end." How comforting that the Lord has made us this promise. "...even unto the end." How amazing is it that the Lord loved us enough to feel all of our pains, suffer for our sins so that we might be saved, and endured the heartaches of our trials and still loves us enough to go through them with us again. Let the Lord help you. Allow him into your hearts and I promise you that He will not leave your side. Even unto the end. 

I want to thank all of those who have written me Dearelder's and letters throughout my time here. The amount of support I have felt is unreal. The last day I can receive anything is Saturday until 2 pm. And then after that, my address is changed to my Argentina address (If my VISA works out). Thank you all for your prayers and support. They help me daily. I love and pray for all of you. 

May we be blessed with the wind at our backs and the strength to press on so that we may further build his kingdom on this earth.

For the last time (hopefully) in the USA for 2 years,
Elder Holmes
Sewing his pants... love the tongue action. He said he was proud of the outcome! Check out the Star Wars socks. He was very excited to find those in one of his care packages!!!
Weekly Temple Picture
Wearing his dad's trench coat at the temple
Ready for the adventures that await.....
Back of his name tag