Thursday, April 7, 2016

Wk #27: Good Morning!



Hello everyone! GENERAL CONFERENCE! What an inspiring and motivating weekend.  I especially loved Jefferey R Holland's talk to close up the Conference. If you missed it, please go look itup. It definitely is something that I feel EVERYONE should hear. So powerful. 

    This week I feel bad a little bit because in these emails I haven't really reported on the work all that much. But the truth is that there just isn't very much to report on. The work here is hard and slow. We have stayed faithful and obedient with a perfect brightness of hope, but we are still passing a hard time in the mission. I've been repeating the same line in my head over and over this week. "Obedience today, Miracles tomorrow." We have an appointment that has potential on Saturday. Her name is Anai (Anna-ee)! Please keep her in your prayers. That she'll have an open heart and that the Spirit will testify of the truth to her. I'm keeping the faith (: Today I have half of a year in the mission! That's crazy to me. It feels like just yesterday that I was standing in the MTC getting a missionary nametag put on my chest for the first time. What a spiritual moment that was. I remember looking up at the Sister who put the nametag on me with tears in my eyes as she said, "Welcome to the work, Elder." I'll never forget that moment. 6 months has passed so fast. Here's to another great year and a half! I don't have a ton of time today, so I have to be short. I know that this gospel is true, I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and He is our Savior. I testify with every ounce of energy I have that this church is true. I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you do for me!

With love,
Elder Holmes
Selfie of the week!
I made scones this week and they were so good. 
Elder Benevides cleaning my shoes before Conference haha
Beautiful Argentina
Yes, truly I am finding the Lord's lost sheep out here (;
Yes, this looked EXACTLY like Luke Skywalkers house from star wars.