Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wk #15: Buen Dia!

Hello my beloved friends and family! I don't have a ton of time today so unfortunately I have to be a little bit shorter in my words. But an update on me personally, I'm doing really well! Better than ever, in fact. And I owe all of that to the Lord. Truly, when we rely on Him and put all of our selfish thoughts aside, He ALWAYS helps us. The main thing is being humble enough to ask for and accept the help. 
      I heard something interesting this week. A group of missionaries were talking and one of them said, "Yep! These are the best 2 years of our lives!" And I thought about that for a second and realized that as true as that is, it would have been a lot more true if he would have said, "Yep! These are the best 2 years for our lives." I love the idea of having new experiences and becoming fluent in the language. I love the idea of living in a foreign country for 2 years and learning this new culture. I love the idea of dedicating my life to the Savior for these long, hard, and rewarding 2 years. And I love the mission. Yeah, it's going to get hard at times. But in the end I will have grown so much. You can't grow without growing pains. If you are considering serving a mission here's my advice: Just forget about yourself and your worldly desires and DO IT. That's what I did and I'm only in my 4th month and I have learned and grown SO MUCH. I never would have learned the things I've learned without this mission. "May we ever be found doing the work of the Lord." - Thomas S. Monson. These are the words that answered my prayer about a mission. I hope they can help any of you who are thinking about it. 
     Thank you all for everything. I'm so grateful for your support, love, and prayers. I can't express just how grateful I am through words. I pray for you all every single morning and night and I won't stop anytime soon. I send my love.

     May we be blessed with the wind at our backs and the strength to press on so we may further build His kingdom upon the earth.

Elder Holmes