Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week #75: "Was that an armadillo?"..."What's an armadillo?"



HEY ALL! To explain the subject of the email, I was walking down the road with my comp and a wild animal ran right out from the side brush of the road and right under my feet to the other side of the road and scared me so bad I fell to my butt on the road. I looked up at my Brazilian comp and said, "Was that an Armadillo?!" and he said, "What's an armadillo?" And I didn’t know how to explain to someone what an armadillo is so I just let it go. How do you explain to someone what an armadillo is when you're both speaking a foreign language and don’t share the same native language? The answer is unknown to me, but I'm 85% positive that I got attacked by a rogue armadillo this week. I'm just grateful that I walked about with both ankles untouched and unharmed. 

Well, I'm still working in Pehuajó as the Branch President and I'm finally getting the hang of it all. It's a lot to do, but man I've learned a lot about myself and the Atonement. This church is true. Take it from someone who has seen behind the scenes of the weekly Sunday routine. This church is true. Its easy to see that all roads lead to Christ as the Chief Cornerstone of this church from where I stand now. No, I'm not trying to boast. The responsibilities I have are nothing to boast about, and even then, I have only been sustained and supported by His hand and without Him I would not have been able to do anything that I have done, so how could I boast? He is my pillar of support. In Ephesians 2:20 it says this:  "And [the church is] built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." I testify that this church is still built upon this same foundation with Christ still as the Chief Cornerstone. I have no doubts. 

I love the mission and I love who the Lord is molding me into. I think of those who are about to or are beginning to embark in the service of God and feel so excited for them and the amazing experience they are about to have. Don’t think, just serve. Put your head down and push as the pioneers did. You'll realize that you aren’t the only one pushing. 

Thank you all so much for the support! I love you and pray for you all!

Elder Holmes