Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wk #3: I've Seen Miracles

Hello everybody! First off I just want to thank you all for the birthday wishes, letters, and packages. It made the day so great! And it really meant a lot to me!

Some of you wanted to know what my schedule is like so here it is! 

6:30-7:30 Breakfast
8:15-12:35 Spanish Instruction
12:35-1:15 Lunch
1:20-5:30 Doctrine Instruction (In Spanish)
5:35-6:00 Dinner
6:05-9:30 Personal study/Investigator training (In Spanish)
9:30-10:30 Prepare for bed/ go to bed. 
We also have training and teaching real investigators throughout the week. It's brutal. haha. But the days FLY by... at least that's what they tell us. 

This week was the week that I almost came home. The language became seemingly impossible to learn, homesickness was through the roof, and my patience with my companion was running very short. Worst of all, the spirit wasn't with me. I had given up on myself because I thought that the spirit had given up on me. The week dragged on and I seriously contemplated going home. I would constantly think to myself, "If you cant get through your second week here, how will you get through two years?" I became very self critical. One of the days we had personal study time and in a stroke of Divine Intervention I turned to Doctrine and Covenants section 84:88. What I read changed my perspective in a matter of seconds. Guys, the Lord has promised us with angels on our left and on our right to bear us up, and he always keeps his word. After this experience I became more confident, I began to study harder, and started to become more obedient to the MTC rules. I was filled with the Spirit. I realized that the Lord will NEVER give up on us. His hand is always stretched out waiting for us to grab hold. He wants us to fall down so we can have the chance to reach back for his hand, take it, and rely on him for help. I'm doing SO good now. I love it here and I'm learning so much. You wouldn't believe how much Spanish I've learned in 2 weeks. It's incredible. 

My mailing address: 
Elder Caden Holmes
NOV16 ARG-BABL
2007 N 900 E Unit 96
Provo UT 84602

SEND ME LETTERS (;

I hope you all have had an amazing week. Keep your heads up and be happy. We fall so we can learn to rely on the Lord to help us get back up and try again. I pray for all of you all the time. I miss home, but wouldn't leave here for the world. I'm becoming a missionary. I'm becoming the missionary the Lord wants me to be. May the Lord bless us with the wind at our backs and the strength to press on so that we may further build his kingdom on this earth.

With love and a fist bump,
Elder Holmes